Monday, March 2, 2009

An anniversary of sorts

So a year ago today we took over the space that would in a month from now become "the cooks' house". We had one month to get the place up and running. I was scared out of my mind. The actual cooking part wasn't a concern of mine, except for the fact I was a bit out of shape. No, what concerned me was how to run a business. I'm a cook, not a businessman. I've spent my life in the kitchen talking to food. I had little actual knowledge on how a business was to be ran, but now I had 30 days to figure it out. It's been a rough learning curve, just ask my poor accountant who has to keep me going in the right direction, but I digress. A year ago I became my own boss with all the trappings. One year ago I launched into the unknown without a rope. It was all or nothing, we had no plan for what if it all fails. A month from now is our first year anniversary. I'll continue this line of thought then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home