Saturday, April 26, 2008

We Are Somebody!

In the movie, "The Jerk", Steve Martins character, Navin R. Johnson, started jumping around screaming, "The new phone books are in!! The new phone books are in!! Now I am somebody!" Well today the new Food Arts arrived in the mail and we are listed in the Birth Announcements section. We are somebody!! It was a nice plug and sparked a series of telephone calls wanting information about the restaurant. Things are going, as Borat would say, very nice. We are coming upon the end of our first month. We are doing the numbers we expected and the reception has been positive. I have asked to go to one of the local high schools and speak to the second year French students about French food and cooking. That will be fun. Jen is getting to spend a bit more time here since she has gotten over her jet lag from her trip to Germany. My wonderful wife has been able to take the last couple days off and get some much needed rest. We are settling into a routine and the long days are getting easier. In times past I would have to go out side and look at the sign to remind myself that my name wasn't on it. I just took a walk out side and looked up...yep, it's our sign. All is good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mom said...

Congrats on your upcoming 1st month!! Glad all is going as expected!! This has got to be a really gratifying feeling -- one you've waited years for to experience! I always knew you were a "somebody"!!!

Love Mom

4/27/2008 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home