Monday, March 17, 2008

Two Weeks Togo!!

We are on the down stretch. Two weeks, that's it, two weeks. Nervous? No. Excited? Beyond belief. I'm sitting in our dinning room as I type this. The walls are painted. The floor was re-done this weekend. Today we order our plates, glassware, and silverware. I'm currently waiting for our new stainless shelving to arrive. I've started working on a website that will be a temporary home for us on the net until we can afford getting a professional one done. When it's ready I'll post the address. Our opening menu is complete. Now it's just all that small stuff that gets forgotten. Oh, almost forgot, I'm on my last 6 days in purgatory. On Saturday I will have had all of my old, bad cooking karma burned from me and I'll be allowed to leave a new cook. The cooking gods will smile upon me once again. For those of you who may fallen asleep, I have spent the past 1 1/2 years cooking food I would normally regulate to the staff and dealing with a chef who's last original food idea came to him sometime in late 1986. I'm not sure which I am looking more forward to, leaving my current post or opening the restaurant. It's a toss up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home