Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Opening Update

It's been a busy week. Painting is going very well. Jen has picked out some great colors for the place. The dinning room is going to be a kind of burnt orange color with the wall where we are going to hang the art being a shade(apparently out of thousands) of white. I understand that orange is a good color for dinning rooms because it makes people hungry and it makes them think the cooking is better than it actually is. I'll take that help. The front door is going to be a very deep burgundy wine color. There are other colors but I won't bore you with that right now. I'll post pictures as soon as I can figure out how to download them onto my computer. I am hoping to get the new awning up sometime in the next week or so. I am finding all of my purveyors; something I was concerned about. Since we are opening in April there are not much available produce wise. Luckily there are some farmers who grow in greenhouses during the winter months. I managed to scrape together enough for Jen and myself to put together our opening menu. I am working on a website for "the cooks' house". I'll let everyone know when that is ready. It's funny. I don't have any jitters about going out on my own. This move feels completely natural. I don't stay up late wondering if I can do it or anything of the like. Of course I have financial worries. Everyone who opens a business has these worries. What I do worry about is people not liking what we do; but in reality, I have these worries every time I cook for someone else. I can say without doubt that every meal I have every cooked I expect the people to hate it. I am truly surprised when they actually tell me they enjoyed themselves and that everything was fantastic. Really. So I hope the restaurant will be like that. Me worried it will flop and people will actually love it. We'll see. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home