Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A new out look

One of my all time favorite things to do is take a long hot bubble bath. Last night after we got finished with the lawyers and getting the restaurant re-keyed I went home. Yesterday the temperature was 7 degrees with a wind chill of -2. The wind was coming from the north off the lake and it cut through my coat like a knife. So needless to say I was looking forward to my nightly bath. Waiting for me when I arrived home was the new copy of "Food Arts". It's an industry magazine and in my opinion one of the best ones out there. So there I sat in smokin' hot bubbles with my magazine and it occurred to me that I was reading the articles with a different outlook. For the first time since I arrived in Northern Michigan I was reading about food with the mind of a chef. Oh it felt soooooo good. I mean, wow!, maybe my time spent in purgatory (i.e. the restaurant I am currently employed) isn't going to leave it's mark on me for too long. Let's hope. One of the days I will have write a post about this place. Anyway, I feel the mojo returning, albeit a bit slow, but returning none-the-less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home