Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Let Down or Opening: Part 3

So where to begin? I haven't been posting because I have been busy getting ready to kick the restaurant project into high gear. That is until this weekend. We have been contacting, or should I say, trying to contact our investors to get the monies to get us going. Well, to make long stories short, our big investors are coming up bubkus. Basically, we are dead in the water. Unless we come up with $100,000 in the next few days we can kiss opening in Spring good-bye. Needless to say this has come as a great shock to me. I have spent the past few days in a fog. There is a lifetime of hopes, dreams, training, sacrifice and all the other crap that is wrapped up in fulfilling my one basic goal in life, opening a restaurant. I don't really know where to go from here. I am 40 years old. I don't have much time to get something going. I have 20 good years left behind the stoves and I don't want to spend them cooking for someone else. Have I lost hope? Not at all. I will regain my composure and reformulate a new game plan. I am a cockroach. I don't die easily and it takes a lot to make me go away. There will be a "Cook's House Restaurant", I just need to go a different path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home